High & Low: An Eclectic Mid-Century Meets Transitional Living Room
I don’t know about your home, but at my place, even with an open concept kitchen and a dining table, we always seem to end up in the living room with all the snacks and drinks squeezed on the coffee table.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
Let’s face it: it’s more casual and comfortable than standing around a kitchen or sitting on a stiff dining chair. These days it’s rare to have both a family and living room, so it’s nice to really put a lot of thought and style into the one you have. If you’re looking to refresh your living room and you can’t decide between Mid-century modern, transitional, industrial, or bohemian, this look has a bit of all four—for any budget.
The aqua sofa is definitely the star of this look and is where the inspiration started. It a great example of how you can have a large piece that’s a bold pop of color but still have a calm and neutral look. If you want even more color, go with a more colorful rug that either complements or contrasts the aqua. The gold and wood accessories give this living room an overall warm but luxe look.
Here’s how to get this look if you have a large budget:
SHOP THE HIGH LOOK:
1. Brass Swing Arm Sconce, Photonic Studio on Etsy, $249 (x2)
2. Hardy Side Table, Lulu & Georgia, $638 (x2)
3. Velvet Lyre Sofa, Anthropologie, $2,498
4. Abate Slated Mirror, Anthropologie, $298
5. Leather Sling Chair, Fanton & Fanton, $890 (x2)
6. Surya Denali 8’x10′ Rug, Rugs USA, $1,863
7. Mid-Century Marble Top Oval Table, West Elm, $799
And here’s how to get a similar look on a much more modest budget:
SHOP THE LOW LOOK:
1. Brass Swing Arm Sconce, CB2, $89.95 (x2)
2. Metal Drum Table, World Market, $29.98 (x2)
3. Celosia Sofa, Bryght Furniture, $1,199
4. Glass Bevel Mirror, Wayfair, $124.99
5. Leather Sling Chair, West Elm, starting at $699 (x2)
6. Abstract Diamond Area 7’10″x10’10” Rug, Target, $649.99
7. Coffee Table, Wayfair, $78.99
Of course, you can always mix and match—just remember to buy pieces you love!