Still on a fashion-inspired kick after this weekend's viewing of The September Issue, we went looking for silk scarf pillows. Luxurious and feminine, pillows made from silk scarves give any room an instant dose of sophistication. Check out a few favorites, from ultra-fancy to homemade.
Pictured, from left to right:
- These pillows, made from vintage Hermes scarves by Tshuka, are gloriously oversized 32.5" squares. The price, however, is oversized, too: $1,375 from Vivre.
- This Hermes scarf pillow from GroveNYC is the most gorgeous, ethereal shade of blue. At $450, it's a bargain compared to the Tshuka pillows, but still a huge chunk of change.
- Urban Outfitters is doing an Hermes-inspired throw pillow in their new fall collection. It's not real silk, but it doesn't feel cheap, and at $28, it's a far more realistic option than the real thing.
- Blue Geisha Vintage sews handmade pillows from vintage silk scarves, like this adorable red and blue running foxes print from Echo. $34 on Etsy.
- But perhaps your best bet, if you love the look of these pillows as much as we do, is to make your own. Apartment Therapy: Chicago offered up a tutorial a while back, and we also love this one from Design*Sponge.
Posted originally from: AT:San Francisco