If I had my way, I would spend most of my summer napping in a hammock in dappled shade. In a second fantasy world where my pockets were deeper, I'd spring for this amazing woven hanging chair to have similar leisure time.
1. The great looks of the first hanging chair, the Tropicalia Cocoon by Patricia Urquiola for Moroso, come with a great big price tag &mdash it costs more than $8,500.
2. The Ikea PS Svinga chair, shown here in the yard of one of the designer's friends, retails for $69.99. In the United States, it's being sold in blue and white, not black.
3. Almost as colorful as the Tropicalia Cocoon but slightly more reasonably priced, Anthropologie's Knotted Melati Hanging Chair comes in at just under $500.
4. This striped chair from Byer of Maine is 100 percent cotton, looks good, and, at $59.99, is the most affordable of the lot.
5. This natural-colored, cotton hammock chair costs $69.99 and looks very beachy.
(Related Note: If you're actually looking for a hammock that you can nap or sleep in, a friend who lives in Guyana advises me that you don't want to buy one with wooden bars on each end. Instead, opt for something like this or this.)