The recession is prompting more visits to historic homes and artist sites throughout the U.S. "Compared to the cost of a theatre or movie ticket, seeing an artist's home or historic site is a relative bargain" explains Helen Harrison, director of the Pollock-Krasner House in The Art Newspaper. Have you noticed more interest in historic homes lately?
Historic homes shown above:
• 1 Historic Houses at Bargain Prices
• 2Pope-Leighey House by Frank Lloyd Wright
• 31876 Catskills Historic Barn for Sale
• 4Central Valley Frank Lloyd Wright Ranch House
• 5Look!: House Tour of Pollepel Island
Check out the full story: The Art Newspaper | Recession fuels attendance of artist sites and historic homes.
MORE HISTORIC HOMES
• J.P. Morgan's Private Study
• Living in The Ontario: A History Lover's Dream
• Peek Inside an Historic Home in Alamo Square
• Casa Loma: Toronto's Castle in the City
• Contemporary Renovation of an Historic Home
• The Abandoned Homes of Governors Island
• 10 Historic American Writers' Homes