Location: Frisco, Texas
I incorporated shapes like hexagons and triangles to create a modern, geometric vibe for Holden's nursery. My challenge was to keep the overall look clean and simple while still giving it plenty of eye candy.
The custom espresso honeycomb shelving that my father-in-law built gives the room a masculine undertone while still keeping it playful with all of the pattern mixing. As for the color panel, I was determined to use the same crib we painstakingly spray painted for my other son, Gavin's nursery.
So... charcoal and shades of gray were a must. Those colors pair well with touches of gold and black and white stripes but I also wanted a pop of color. I started by painting the campaign dresser kelly green and ended up adding just a little mint green for a subtle ombre feel. It's exactly as I envisioned it and I'm so in love with his new space!
- Triangle wall decals: Jesabi-Etsy
- Plus sign rug: Urban Outfitters
- Triangle side table: Urban Outfitters
- Black and white striped crib sheets: LWPH sews
- Crib: Jenny Lind we spray painted pewter
- Cloud and star mobile: Baby Jives Co-Etsy
- Honeycomb shelves: my father-in-law made these and sells them. Contact him at: email@example.com
- Wall prints: Melinda Wood Designs-Etsy
- Gray holden leggings: Jennifer Ann Cook
- Gold lamp: Land of Nod
- Mint pouf: Land of Nod
- 'H' wall art: Land of Nod
- Gold nursery Lara Casey Shop-Etsy
- Fringe tassels: Homemade XO Jules-Etsy
- Changing pad cover: Leah Ashley-Etsy
- Campaign dresser: Antique dresser we painted kelly green
- Gray ombre curtains: Target
- Green ombre minky blanket/burp cloths: Witt's End Design
- Mountain and cloud pillows: Juniper Wilde-Etsy
Thanks, Amie! Readers, say hi to Amie at The Turnages.