It doesn't take a jug of toxic chemicals to clear most slow or clogged drains. A drain auger can help cut through the hair, grease and food that's clogging a drain without flushing chemicals through to the water system.
- FlexiSnake Drain Millipede from Amazon I recently used this very product to clear a slow shower drain. It worked like a charm, was the same price as a bottle of Drain-o and can be used again and again. $6.95
- 1/2 in. x 50 ft. Drain Auger from Home Depot For clogs that are deeper inside the pipes, this 50 foot auger may be the solution. $26.81
- 25-ft Music Wire Drain Auger from Lowe's For extra stubborn clogs, you can connect a drill to this auger. $26.98
- Turbo Snake Drain Tool from Walgreens Another great cheap product for an apartment dweller. $6.99
- Flat Steel Sewer Rod from Ace Hardware Available in 25, 50 and 100 foot lengths. $23.99 - $59.99
(Images: As credited above.)