Skill Level: Easy
Time Required: 1 Hour (then drying time)
Project Cost: Roughly $1 per bar
1 lb. Goats milk soap base
Bubble wrap (to create the “honeycomb” pattern)
Non-stick cooking spray
- Soap molds
- 1/4 cup organic honey
- Chop soap base into cubes and place pan over low heat.
- Stir soap with heat-proof rubber spatula or wooden spoon until completely melted and no lumps remain.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup honey. Set aside.
- Lightly spray soap molds with non-stick spray, wiping them down until lightly greased.
- Cut bubble wrap into shapes to fit the bottom of each mold and press into bottom.
- Pour hot soap into molds using a 1/4 measuring cup.
- Cool completely before removing from molds. They should pop right out but, if not, use a butter knife to loosen edges.
- Carefully peel bubble wrap away from soap revealing the “honeycomb” pattern. Package and gift away!
Many thanks to Leah over at Freutcake for sharing the ornaments she and her kids made. More photos and information are on her blog...
This month Apartment Therapy is featuring homemade gift ideas made and submitted by you, the readers. Check back every day for a new project, or head over to see all the DIY gift ideas from 2014 and years' past.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.