I don't know what it's like for the rest of the world, but in the North East of America right now, it's a bit of lunatic weather. The result of erratic temperatures is sick kiddos at home...
Granted I wouldn't toy around with a pneumonia or something serious like that, but simple sore throats and runny noses can be helped with homemade recipes. In fact, it often works better for us than the standard over the counter medicine available.
Here are a few examples.
1. Sore Throat Lollipops, by Homespun with Love.
2. Digestion Remedy Tincture, from Wellness Mama.
3. Natural Electrolyte Drink, at Wavelength Wellness.
4. Homemade Vaporub, from Oh Lardy.
5. DIY Bath Fizzies for Sick Kids, by The Coterie Blog.
(Images: as linked above)