House & Home Roundup: 12.08.05
After struggling under an avalanche of input in the past few weeks, we’re climbing back up on our horse for H&H today. But we didn’t pick a terribly auspicious week to start back in. H&H covers Art Basel Miami with all its $$$, models and newfound design muscle and not much else. Our own Jill came back with stories and pictures of great furniture, H&H only delivers the gossip.
- In Search of a Sofa to Go Under the Schnabel: All about Art Basel Miami 05.
- Inventing the Future, but Anchored in the Past: A house tour with Gale Anne Hurd, the director of the new film, Aeon Flux.
- Q. My living room has a window-lined turret. How do I hang curtains on a curved wall? Some good sources here.
- Personal Shopper: Is the minimalist all-white bathroom over? Some nice stuff here, particularly the cotton hamper from Aero.
- Q.I have two bougainvilleas on the east-facing patio of our high-rise condo in San Francisco. They are four feet tall and were transplanted into large pots when I got them home a year ago. But they are not thriving. What’s wrong?
- Claudia Strasser reopens The Paris Apartment
- Marie Christophe debuts a new line of lamps based on her wire sculptures <
- The Little Elves cleaning service gets Togged (the paper NYTimes version of blogged)
- Luisa Ruge’s Neo Geode S2B sectional sofa debuts at Conran
- Eric and Nannette Brill’s restoration project in Bedford, NY is up for sale starting tomorrow
- Houses designed to survive a tsunami have been created by students at the Harvard Graduate School of Design