After a few weeks of cool purples and blues from the House Beautiful archives, it felt right to switch the spectrum and look at warm colors. Here are some examples of adding color warmth with paint and accessories in yellows, browns and pinks.
• 1 Designer Ned Marshall used Mango- colored walls to add warmth and coziness to his grand New Orleans apartment.
• 2 Designer Amanda Nisbet's own Manhattan living room with warm pinks, reds and yellows.
• 3 Kathryn Ireland's California home combines warm wood floors and red, pink, orange and yellow textiles in the grand living room.
• 4 A San Francisco home by designer Stephen Shubel uses a peony-like pink in the daughter's bedroom — Benjamin Moore's Tickled Pink— and combines with warm-colored textiles and bedding.
• 5 Patrick Wade and Dave DeMattei 's San Francisco home has a warm base of browns that is even warmer with the addition of yellow, gold and red accessories.
(Images: Kerri McCaffety, Pieter Estersohn, Victoria Pearson, Jeremy Samuelson, Jose Picayo for House Beautiful)