House & Home Roundup: 5.4.06
We hate to be a product whore, but that’s what’s best in H&H this week.
So let’s cut right to Marianne’s great outdoor light roundup and then go to Currents…
- Personal Shopper – Outdoor lights: Some are actually flame lights, but most are now LED and battery operated. These ones above are from West Elm
- Home Alone Together: Hola! a new demographic category “living apart together,” or L.A.T., relationship, where older folks just…date.
- A Shrine to Southern Literature, Slightly Frayed: Eudora Welty’s home is reopened, and it’s really a home. Nice.
- Mr. Punctual and Ms. Tardy, Buying Time: Clock shopping around NYC with Shuler Hensley, the actor.
- Plantings for a Home Nestled in the Forest: Anne Raver visits the gardens of C. Colston Burrell and Bruce Ellsworth in Virginia.
- Q. Any suggestions for replacing my worn-out concrete driveway?
Q. The big bright lights in my recessed ceiling fixtures hurt my eyes. Is there a quick fix?
We love the green driveway, but we probably will never need a real driveway in our entire life.