House & Home Roundup: 5.12.06
Did we forget to mention that we were quoted in yesterday’s House & Home? In an article we’ve been waiting to see for over a month, Kimberly Stevens puts together a great story, The Secret Source is Out, which cuts to the heart of what is going on right now. We love that Mario Buatta is pissed off (not that he shouldn’t be). While there will always be a place for the high end decorator, the private party is over.
- Belatedly, Stardom Finds a 20th-Century Master – Viktor Schreckengost: This is another great story that acts as a nice bookend to the top story. As Mr. Schreckengost says: Today, “design has become performance art.”
- A Pie-in-the-Sky Treehouse Made Real: Cool house tour of a BIG tree house in Arkansas where Ezra and Karen Idlet live.
- Personal Shopper: Nice roundup of colorful pillows and white quilts.
- Q. I would like to cover a wall with a mural, but I’m not artistic. Can I use a stencil?
Q. My bathtub is narrow, so I don’t want to box it in with a glass shower door. Is there an option that won’t make me feel claustrophobic?
- Houses and Gardens Open Up, Greeting Spring (and Visitors): “The spring season of show houses and house and garden tours is in full swing…” Get the scoop here for a weekend trip up the river.
- Quality Meats opens on 58th street, designed by AvroKO
- Anthropologie has a new “Decorative Arts Gallery” open in its Rock Center store
- HenryBuilt kitchen has come to NYC! (79 Grand Street)
- “The Green House,” by Alanna Stang and Christopher Hawthorne is having a show in Washington, DC
- Vladimir Kagan has a new sofa at Room & Board: the Hahn