House & Home Roundup: 8.17.06
- Is This What Happiness Looks Like?: Intense color is back. We KNOW this already, but Dan Shaw lays out an interesting psychological backstory, and Jonthan Adler says “Your home should be like a good dose of Zoloft”.
- How Designers Put Sunshine Under the Roof: This little nugget features quotes from a gaggle of designers on how to integrate color and get the “happiness” look. If they have any doubts, they should simply speak to ModMom, because she’s got it wired.
- His ‘n’ Hers Lake House: Sharp at the Edges, Veiled in Pines: We *heart* Raul Barreneche. This week he uncovers a beautiful modern “cottage” and an odd couple in Haliburton, Ontario. More pics in the print version.
- In Moscow, a Battle for a Modernist Landmark: A family cat fight ensues over Konstantin Melnikov’s round house, which was built in 1929.
- Personal Shopper: It’s time to water the lawn! This roundup brings together the useful and the ridiculous for working with water outside.
- Help! Mosquitoes Are Sending My Weekend Guests Fleeing Back to Manhattan. What can I do?: Mitchell Owens pitches the Mosquito Magnet and the lovely old-fashioned mosquito net.
Published: Aug 17, 2006