House & Home Roundup: 10.27.05
We admit to being so swamped that we haven’t kept up with blogging H&H this week. Nevertheless, we read it and it’s a good one. We’re putting down the links before they get lost tonight in the shift.
- The Coffin Was Too Confining: Anne Rice’s new home in La Jolla, CA. NOT like the houses in the next article.
- Afloat in the Flood Zone: Dutch designers are working on innovative new floating houses to keep ahead of rising waters.
- Formal Portraits Dress Down: Not our style, baby. Our kids will sit up straight and wear Paul Smith.
- Q. What’s hot in the gray world of concrete?: Concrete counter roundup.
- Preserving the Favorites of a Fall Crop: Anne Raver’s delicious prose and fried green tomatoes.
- At Furniture Fair, Quiet Reflections and Slowing Sales: The review of the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point, NC. Apparently it was a little slow.
- CURRENTS: Los Angeles: Awesome slideshow.
Published: Nov 2, 2005