House & Home Roundup: June 16, 2005
SEX, LIES AND FURNITURE!!! (and money!) This week we are back in action with a rip roaring good time of a show that digs deep and lays bare the florid bones of the furniture world!
- Landscape in the Abstract Shapes Its Dwelling: Must read story about a house that burned down and how the gardens were still beautiful
- Tyke-Proof Décor: Question – “I’m moving into a new apartment with my two young sons, and I’d like to have stylish rooms that we all can live in. Is this possible?”
- Personal Shopper – For Summer, Beach Blanket Bingo: Ugh! Beach towels from hell! Please give us something with more style!! (but it’s a great idea to include links through to stores here)
- The Condesa DF: New hotel in Mexico City with stunning interiors by India Mahadevi.
- TWO sculpture in lower Manhattan by Gustavo Bonevardi and John Bennett
- Curbed’s Guttersnipe!: “an angry young man, raised in darkness.”
- BassamFellows line of handcrafted products: Now at R20th Century
- “Czech Glass, 1945-1980: Design in an Age of Adversity”: In Corning, NY through November 27
- The Right Height Picture Hanger : A new widget for hanging pictures! Invented by a trial lawyer!
Published: Jun 16, 2005