House & Home Roundup: June 2, 2005
HOT. After a sleepy, lost in space issue last week (that many readers LOVED, FYI), this weeks is as juicy as they come. We’ve got a totally off the wall super cool house tour. Olle Lundberg and Mary Breuer have made their home on a car ferry in San Fran bay and escape to their country cabin in Northern California. This is our wet dream.
- The Scavenger’s Guide to the Galaxy The Story by Raul Barreneche
- Olle Lundberg Design Olle’s firm Then there’s a great story on our friend, Scott Chasky, a poet and farmer whose memoir, “Common Ground: Seasons on an Organic Farm,” is just out. His farm is a CSA and provides many of our vegetables in the summer. BTW he also is being forced to build an “industrial strength” deer fence this summer to preserve his crop.
- Wisdom by the Spadeful
The Story by Anne Raver
- The Book
The organization that sponsors this work on Long Island
There’s a lot here, so dive in and vote when your done.
- A Touch of Moroccan Style “How can I get the look without turning my apartment into a theme park?”
- Look-Alikes Draw Lawyers’ Stares Ever wondered how legal it was to make knockoffs?
- A 28-Year Love Affair With a Pair of Stylish Siblings Stephen Salny has spent 28 years studying the work of the traditionalist architect David Adler and his sister, Frances Elkins. His new book comes out this month.
- Grove at the Battery Is Ready to Reopen
“The restored grove, with four acres of gardens designed by Piet Oudolf, the Dutch garden designer, opens today.”
- Taking It Outside Marianne Rohrlich reviews a smattering of outdoor furniture from Adirondack chairs to garden benches
- Three independent furniture dealers have joined forces to open Phurniture Inc. on Bond Street at Phurniture
- Timorous Beasties Award winning studio has new shades at Conran Shop
- hand-painted bone china designed by Jian Ping Li At Adrien Linford
- Christie’s New York is having a sale on June 15
- Eboniste is a new shop with Asian influence by Scott Frankum and Jay Ward
- Vivienne Westwood has new rugs at The Rug Company
- Russel Wright’s modernist house and studio, Dragon Rock, will be open for tours this Sunday