House & Home Roundup: ? pts (Your call)
Spring is here! H&H is red hot this week with news of the Milan’s design fair, I Saloni, as well as the International Home Furishings Market in Highpoint, NC, along with a variety of articles that cover the home front (no gardens, though, sorry Mary – Czarina :-)).
This week is also a great example of what H&H can do best: cover the world’s events with good, largescale photos that really begin to give you a sense of what is going on. That said on our part, feel free to read and weigh in yourself as we run the second week of “Hot or Not H&H?”
- Which Way Design?: Feels like you’re actually there – Check out the awful, arresting new lamps from Philippe Starck
- Dredged From the Deep, Pickled Paneling: Here’s the full story on the new luxury wood: river-recovered wood
- A Sectional Built for Two?: Smaller furniture holds the spotlight in NC – favorite quote by Jonathan Adler: “There’s been a steroid epidemic in baseball. But there’s been a telling silence about steroids in furniture.”
- The British Visit Milan, Bearing Tips on Design: The British are coming! Wait a second, we already know that online – the Grey Lady catches up.
- Personal Shopper: Finding Ingenuity in the Details: Marianne covers the Kips Bay Showhouse by focusing on details like window dressings.
- Restrictive Covenants Stubbornly Stay on the Books: “Whites Only” real estate rules still live on the books, if you can believe it
- Kosher Kitchens, Quick: Rabbi Sholtiel Lebovic will kosher your kitchen! Just call his rapid response number: 888-GO-KOSHER.
Currents: All about Britain this week
- Jasper Conran’s new store and line of furniture: Go to www.jasperconran.com
- The Victoria & Albert Museum’s new exhibition, “International Arts and Crafts,” explores the British-born design movement
- Francesco and Gael Boglione have a sweet nursery and cafe in Richmond: Go to www.petershamnurseries.com
- Two hot new restaurant designs in London: Go to www.fiftylondon.com
- “Chris Levine, who has made light sculptures for Massive Attack, recently introduced a new product for the home, the Laserpod”: Go to www.laserpod.com