How To Hide the Washer/Dryer & Improve My Porch Area?
Q: My new home is a cottage from the 40’s, and has a very awkward back porch/laundry area. I can’t come up with any super budget friendly ideas on how to hide the washer and dryer and make the porch more of an outside living area. Most of our time is spent outside, so a hideous porch just isn’t going to cut it. I don’t have much in the way of extra money, but I can spare the blood, sweat and tears for a nicer outside space. A few points to take into consideration:
- The door on the far side of the porch is a hot water heater/storage area that gets very hot in the summer, so I keep the flammables in the grey storage cabinet.
- There isn’t anywhere to move the W/D.
- The ceiling is bare rafters with a florescent fixture in the center.
- Keeping the porch cool in the summer (I’m in Orlando) is a major need.
- On the far left and right sides are crawlspaces that have to accessed a couple of times a year.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Sent by Jen
Editor: Readers, share your best suggestions and recommendations for Jen!