One Foolproof Way to Stop Your Amazon Packages from Getting Stolen
If you live in an apartment building without a doorman or have had a package stolen from your stoop, you know that getting your hands on your package isn’t always as easy as two-day shipping sounds. Enter Amazon Locker, an alternate delivery method that helps you get your order quickly, no matter where you are.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
How do Amazon Lockers work?
Instead of having packages delivered to your home or office, you can choose to have many items shipped to a self-service Amazon Locker at the location of your choice.
Items can be delivered to an Amazon Locker if they’re sold or fulfilled by Amazon, smaller than 19 x 12 x 14 inches, less than 20 pounds, valued at less than $5,000, non-hazardous, and shipping from the same country. Subscribe & Save orders and items for release-date delivery cannot be shipped to Amazon Lockers.
You can also use one to return many items purchased on Amazon.
Where are Amazon Lockers located?
More than 2,800 Amazon Lockers are currently available throughout the U.S. You can find lockers in many Whole Foods stores, convenience stores, and apartment buildings. Hours vary by location—some are open 24/7, while others have more standard business hours.
If you’re looking for locations near you, you can search using this tool on the Amazon website.
How to use an Amazon Locker for pickup
- When placing your order, select “change shipping address.”
- Scroll down until you see a section titled “your pickup locations.” Enter your zip code.
- Select the most convenient locker location near you.
- Once your package is delivered to the Amazon Locker, you’ll receive an email notification with a unique pickup code that includes the address and hours of operation for your selected Locker location.
- When picking up your package, enter your pickup code or scan the barcode using the barcode scanner, then follow the instructions on the screen.
Note: All packages delivered to an Amazon Locker must be picked up within three days. Packages not collected within this timeframe will be returned and refunded.
Amazon Locker returns
Some items purchased on Amazon can be returned at an Amazon Locker for no additional cost. If this option is available, you will see it as an option during the returns process.
To complete a return through an Amazon locker:
- Select Amazon Locker as your preferred method of return. This selection will return a map of nearby lockers. Select your preferred locker location.
- Once you submit your request, you will get an Amazon Locker dropoff code via email.
- Go to your Amazon Locker and enter your unique code on the touchscreen display. Follow the prompts.
Note: Availability is guaranteed until close of business on the following business day. If you miss this window, you can still go to that Amazon Locker location to see if space is available for up to 30 days.
Is Amazon locker free?
Amazon Locker is free to Prime members. Anyone with a Prime account can have qualifying items shipped to a locker with free two-day shipping.
Amazon Locker cost
If you don’t have Amazon Prime, you can still use an Amazon Locker for qualifying items for the same price as basic shipping.
Is Amazon Locker worth it?
If you have a doorman or your own home, you may find normal delivery more convenient. But for those who live in an apartment building without a doorman or have security concerns, an Amazon Locker is a great way to ensure you get your package without complication. It’s also helpful when you need something in a pinch. Maybe you’re on vacation, but forgot a travel crib? With an Amazon Locker, you’ll have what you need as soon as possible.
They’re especially convenient for returns, most notably during the busy holiday season when lines at the post office and other shipping centers are lengthy.