Forget harmful oven cleaners: This two ingredient, all-natural recipe is great for more recent stains, like quickly cleaning up the lasagna spillage in your oven (and on your pans!).
I know baking soda is a miracle compound, so I had pretty high expectations as to what this magical paste would do for my oven. The photo below is what I was hoping to tackle, but alas, this years-old stain was just too much for the simple recipe. Instead, I decided to go after a smaller incident that happened just a few days ago.
What You Need
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons coarse salt
- Warm water
- Small glass bowl
- Scrubbing sponge
- Superfine steel wool (optional)
1. In a small dish, combine 1/4 cup baking soda, 2 tbsp coarse salt and enough warm water to make a paste.
2. Apply the paste to the stained area and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
3. Wipe away the paste with a damp scrubbing sponge revealing your shiny new oven! If the debris is more than just a drip, you might have to pull out the superfine steel wool and put some real effort into it.
Note: When covering the problem areas in your oven with paste, be sure to avoid any heating elements.
More great tips and tutorials: Cleaning Basics