How To Make a Cork Canoe
These sweet toy canoes, made of cork, are sure to inspire feelings of summertime, campfires, and the great outdoors. They’re easy to make, fun to paint, and they really float!
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
thin cork sheet
clothespins or binder clips
1. Print out the template onto an 8.5″ x 11″ piece of paper. Cut it out.
2. Trace the shape onto the sheet of cork. Cut the canoe shape out with a sharp craft knife.
3. Soak the cork in a pan of warm water for at least 30 minutes.
4. Carefully fold the wet cork in half as shown to form the canoe shape, and hold it together with clothespins or binder clips. Allow to completely dry.
5. Remove clips and carefully separate the halves just enough to put a line of hot glue on each side as shown. Replace clips while glue sets.
6. When the glue has completely set, remove the clips and paint the outside of the canoe with 2 thick coats of acrylic craft paint.
(Images: Katie Steuernagle)