Just in time for summer gardening, Brooke from Prettyography shares this great idea for transforming a common thrift store find into something awesome for everyday use in the kitchen.
What You Need
Vintage ice bucket
- Drill and drill bits
1. Prep the lid to be drilled. Remove any handle (if necessary).
2. Place washi tape around the center of the lid. This step will let you drill holes without the plastic cracking.
3. Drill approximately 6 holes for ventilation and to attach the filter.
Tip: Use an old piece of wood underneath to ensure that you don't damage the table (or any other surface) that you are drilling on.
4. Reattach the handle to the lid.
5. Place the charcoal filter in the center of the lid, and secure it with two twist ties, using a few of the holes you drilled in step #3.
6. Start composting!
See more of Brooke's stylish smarts at: Prettyography
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.