Ronja submitted this cute project the other day, which solves one of those perpetual pet problems: how to mask the sight and smell of ugly, stinky cat litter boxes. It's a pretty easy project, but the best part is that she modeled it after traditional Swedish privies (or outhouses) and summer homes, which are painted red and have white trim. You, of course, could decorate it however you like, but we happen to think this is pretty spiffy.
What You Need
- Plywood (Ronja used 6mm thick)
- Wood Triangles
- Screwdriver or Drill with Appropriate Bits
- Wood Glue
1. Cut your wood according to the measurements above.
2. Since the plywood is too thin for screws, first use wood glue to secure the sides to the roof.
3. Then, reinforce the edges using the wooden triangles, screwing from the outside into the wood at each corner. Ronja used two on each edge, for a total of 8 braces and 16 screws.
4. Paint your desired color and let it dry.
For more detailed instructions, and more photos of the process, head over to Nur Noch for more info and other DIY projects. Thanks Ronja!
Have a really great DIY project or tutorial that you want to share with others? Let us know! We love checking out what you're making these days, and learning from our readers. When you're ready, click here to submit your project and photos.