How To Make a Magnetic Map Board
If you haven’t yet seen the tour of Michael’s Michigan Cottage, it’s definitely worth checking out. His home is full of simple but great ideas, like this one — a magnetic map board that’s incredibly easy to make.
Michael says the bulletin board is “an IKEA magnetic board that I decoupaged using vintage maps from e-Bay.” That’s it. So smart and so simple.
• Decoupage Medium
• Brush the decoupage medium in a thin layer across the magnetic board.
• Make sure to brush the medium around the edges of the board as well.
• Smooth out the medium with the sponge.
• Place the map onto the board and use your fingers to smooth out the wrinkles.
• Wrap the edges of the map around the edges of the magnetic board.
• Apply a thin coat of medium over the map to seal it and wait for it to dry.
• Apply one or two more layers of medium to give it a final sealed finish.
• Hang it up on the wall.
• RELATED: How to Decoupage Furniture and Other Items
Photo: Michael Jon Watt