How To: Make a Pillow from an Old Tee
I stopped purchasing souvenir shirts years ago because they never fit quite right. Now, I’m wishing I had a few extras lying around after finding this shirt-to-pillow project …
Here are the basic steps to creating a pillow from “$3 souvenir t-shirt,” via Chez Larsson:
- Choose a pillow insert that will fit inside your t-shirt (Chez used a 30×30 cm pillow insert for the XS shirt)
- Pin the extra fabric along the sides and remove the pillow
- Pin all the way down towards the bottom and sew it using a small zig zag stitch (either by hand or with a machine).
- Trim the excess fabric with scissors.
- Turn the t-shirt right side out again
- Place pillow insert inside
- Fold the overhang back at the pillow and finish sewing.