Amanda over at Kiddio posted this fantastic how-to for making multicolored chalks...all thought up by her six year old daughter, Daisy, who now can't get enough of it (along with her brother). The gist: "Crunch up sidewalk chalk (so boy-friendly!), make a paste, and re-form it into cute, multicolored chalks that color the rainbow." The details:
- pieces of sidewalk chalk, several colors
- a rock
- ice cube molds (square, shaped, whatever)
- Smash the chalk with your rock. You don't have to completely pulverize it–leave some big chunks for creative effect.
- Put the smashed chalk in a cup, bucket, or bowl and mix in a little water to make a paste.
- Press the chalk paste into your molds and set it in a quiet spot to dry overnight.
- Pop them out and enjoy making some pretty, multicolored drawings on your driveway, sidewalk, or paper!
Click here for the full how-to.
Images and the full tutorial: Amanda from Kiddio