One of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to customize a rental kitchen (and, of course, any piece of furniture) is to change the cabinet handles. Choose a pull that reflects your home decor style (not sure what yours is? Take the quiz to find out), then swap them in for the dingy/generic knobs that came with your apartment. As long as you change them back before move-out day, this mini makeover is 100% landlord-approved.
- Lusso Knob at Anthropologie, $12.
- European Brass Knobs at Forge Hardware Studio, $6.
- Blue and Red Floral Ceramic Knobs at World Market, $10 for 2.
- Beckett Finger Pull at Rejuvenation, $19.
- Bubble Ocean Knob at Pier1, $6.
- Liberty Satin Nickel Cabinet Knob at Home Depot, $1.27. (I used these in my apartment, and spent about 20 bucks total).
- Classic Hardware 3" Cup Bin at Pottery Barn, $7.50.
- T-Pull, Satin Copper at Schoolhouse Electric, $24.
- Baldwin Polished Brass Flush Cabinet Pull at Build.com, $17.