I've been wanting a pop of orange in my bedroom, so I decided to try it out on a vintage bed I found at a local thift shop. The fun bright orange paint is just what this bed needed to go from drab to fab.
What You Need
Super cute vintage bed
One quart of interior high gloss paint in your favorite color (I used Ace Royal "Field Poppy")
Purdy paint brush (worth the extra couple of dollars)
- Find one fabulous vintage bed.
- Lay down drop cloth and set up bed with rails attached.
- Sand away any sheen...I skipped this step, I never quite have the patience for it...
- Prime with 1 coat of tinted primer and then paint with the high gloss paint, 1-2 coats as needed.
- Finsh off with happy bedding of your choosing, lay down and relax!
Images: Alisha Peterson-Irwin