Some of you are purging your old or unused electronics for a clean, minimalist media center or desktop. Because you've been on our green living site, Re-Nest.com, you'll probably know that the responsible thing to do is to recycle them. You can check out our post on where to recycle old electronics, you can reduce waste and sell them on EBay or Craigslist, or you can recycle and make cash. We'll tell you how...
We already told you about Gazelle.com this summer, but we figured that in the shadow of these times, it couldn't hurt to remind the Unplggd family about this great Web site that makes offers to buy your old gadgets.
1. Head to Gazelle.com, the e-cycling marketplace that makes it easy to turn your electronic gadgets into quick cash.
2. Enter the name of your item in the search box. If you have a model number, include that as well.
3. Gazelle will find your item in its very large database, and ask you a few questions about it: What condition is it in? Does the battery work? Answer the questions, and Gazelle will show you the amount it will pay you to recycle your old stuff.
4. Price looks good to you? Click on the "Add to Box" button and you're on your way.
5. Enter the required information, and Gazelle will send you a box to ship your item, free of charge. Upon receipt, they pay you via PayPal or by check.