How To Turn A Mason Jar Into A Soap Dispenser
Heather Bullard’s blog is filled with beautiful images reflecting her passion for interior design, gardening and all things beautiful. She is an interior designer, stylist, photographer and editorial contributor and effortlessly makes even the most humble of objects look gorgeous. She happens to be quite clever as well and she has graciously shared a fantastic DIY project with us.
Follow Topics for more like this
Follow for more stories like this
This soap pump was originally intended for her outdoor sink for post-gardening washing up. But I agree with Heather; this soap pump would look lovely indoors or out. You can view this step-by-step project on her blog. Be sure to take a look through the rest of Heather’s beautiful blog and boutique for more inspirations!
Heather Bullard’s DIY Mason Jar Soap Dispenser
What You Will Need:
- Mason jar
- Old soap bottle (with pump)
- 2 Part Epoxy
- Drill with hole attachment
- Scissors or boxcutter
- Marking pen
1. Cut off top of old soap bottle just below the thread
2. Use pen to measure and mark a circle in the lid of the mason jar
3. Drill hole in lid of mason jar
4. Mix epoxy and apply to the lower rim of the bottle top
5. Insert the pump dispenser through the bottle top and screw tightly to secure
6. Let the epoxy dry according to the instructions
7. Fill with your favorite liquid soap
Want more smart tutorials for getting things done around the home?
We’re looking for great examples of your own household intelligence too!
Image Credit: Heather Bullard