Bjarke Ingels: Redefining Modern Residential Architecture
In case you missed it, the Wall Street Journal published a profile over the weekend of Bjarke Ingels (one of our 2011 Residential Architects to Watch). The piece examines how the Copenhagen architect “builds community with his modern residential projects” in Denmark and New York. The subject of a new exhibition at Denmark’s Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Ingels is only 36 but is already “one of Europe’s best-known young architects.” Also in the news, Inhabitat examines the new Sunset Idea House and Los Angeles prepares for the Dwell on Design exhibition. Links and more below.
DESIGN NEWS OF THE DAY
• Bjarke Ingels’s BIG Ambitions | Wall Street Journal
• Why Investing in Rentals Could be a Good Move | Wall Street Journal
• Sunset Idea House: Hybrid Architecture’s Yellow Shipping Container Home | Inhabitat
• LA’s Dwell on Design Introduces a Full Agenda of Design | Editor at Large
• Courtney Cox’s Private Retreat | Elle Decor