The World’s Most Beautiful Window Seat?
We think it might be…at least in the top 10. We literally gasped when we found this photo on Swedish real estate site, Alvhem. It’s such a simple arrangement, with just a few key components used to create the ultimate hang-out spot…
- The most obvious ingredient in this arrangement is the incredible arched window. Not easy to find, but if you have a floor-to-ceiling window or one that’s low to the floor, you can recreate this look.
- Floor cushions create a much more casual vibe than a built-in window seat or bench. Propped up against the wall, they offer a cozy place to lay back and relax.
- A rug creates padding on the floor, while a blanket makes this nook even more inviting.
- A sculptural floor lamp offers reading light low to the ground, while tealights on the window ledge create a soft glow at night. Stacks of magazines and books are waiting to be leafed through.
- A breakfast tray offers a flat, rimmed surface to rest your coffee.
- Two simple, white flower containers bring balance to the far corner of the nook.
RELATED RESOURCES: •
How To: Make a Reading Nook For more photos of this attic aerie, for sale through Alvhem,
click here. (Photos:
Published: Jul 27, 2009