Inspiration: Homage to Blues and Neutrals
I’m merging the Northwest (my home) and the Mid-Atlantic (husband’s home) in our apartment — and the easiest color combo to that purpose has been blues and neutrals. Here’s some like-minded inspiration, starting with the most famous blue room of them all.
The palette reminds me of both a heavy maritime motif in home décor, and a traditional, toile-influenced colonial style. We think that blues and neutrals put a mid-century-like twist on the classic blues and white scheme; we also add pops of orange for a bit of spunk.
• 1 The Blue Room in the White House, 2006.
• 3 Living room designed by David Lawrence from House Beautiful. He considers blue and white the “quintessential American palette.”
• 4 Living room designed by Lynn Morgan from House Beautiful.
• 5 Eating area from Country Living.
• 6 Barclay Butera in Traditional Home
• 7 Room from Max & Company.
• 8 Blue entry from Rooms by Color.
• 9 New Saarni linens from Crate & Barrel.
MORE BLUE & WHITE
• Trending: Using Indigo and Royal Blue in the Home
• Shopping with Carolyne Roehm: Blue & White Accessories
• Dar Bibin: A Blue & White Guest House in Djerba, Tunisia
• Color Combo: Blue and White Prints and Patterns
• Color Combo: Navy Blue and Naturals
• Zooey Deschanel’s Blue Studio
• Color Combo: Light Blues and Neutrals
• All Blue Spaces
• Inspiration: Dark Blue Walls