My last stop in Greece last month was on the island of Santorini. After a few days of touring the island and hiking to ancient Thera (where homes' walls, ovens, drainage systems, wall paintings, alters and city centers were amazingly identifiable), I happily retired to The Agnadi Villa in Oia. Seeking a room accommodating three people, we were given this spacious loft (only $130/night = $44/person!) with large private terrace and ocean view...
The space was simple yet lovely, and while not the fanciest place that famed Oia has to offer, it was certainly worth each penny and enduring a short walk into the town of Oia.
Among the details we loved:
- natural woods and lots of white
- a few spots of indoor color shown in the dishware (red, black and grey)
- single bedroom lamp with shade recalling Greek shadow puppetry
Visit Agnadi Villa online.
More from Greece:
- Missoni Home/Store Cafe in Athens, Greece
- Tile Vault: Travel Agency in Athens, Greece
- Doors, Gates, and Grates in Greece
- Hotel Ammos in Mykonos
- Outdoor Inspiration: Guerrilla Gardening in Greece
Images: Heather Blaha