Having recently chosen the loveliest of pale blues (Benjamin Moore "Blue Bonnet") for the new paint color in our bedroom, I've been trolling around for blue bedroom inspiration and ideas. There are so many reasons pale blue is a great wall color in a bedroom. Check out some inspiring examples after the jump.
Some thoughts on pale blue walls, inspired by the lovely bedrooms pictured above (from left to right):
• 1 Pale blue is a great backdrop for graphic print accents in orange or red. It also goes beautifully with warm wood tones in furniture or flooring.
• 2 Soft blues are excellent for bedrooms because they're calming, encouraging sleep, but also cheerful and pleasant for the morning.
• 3 Pale blue with white trim is a classic pairing that brings a very country-chic energy into a room without being too cute or cloying.
• 4 A blue with a bit of green feels sort of "old world" and has a nice femininity.
• 5 A brighter, more saturated blue looks great paired with a darker green in the olive family. Bold pairings like this might seem tough to pull off, but with lots of quirky personal touches, the room feels well-balanced.
Got pale blue walls in your bedroom? How do you like them? Please share!