iPhone 4 Alarm Fail? Take a Look at These Alternatives
If you have an iPhone 4 and rely on its built in alarm clock, you might have had an unpleasant surprise these past few days with your alarm failing to activate. We thought perhaps we had just turned into very sound sleepers, but alas, there was something amiss with our beloved Apple Clock app. Since we realized we might rely a bit too heavily on this app, we decided to take a look at some alternatives.
- JetLag Travel Alarm Clock: We love this tiny alarm clock and think it’s great not only for travel but also for our tiny nightstand in our tiny apartment.
- TimesSquared Alarm Clock: This unique LED alarm clock came to our attention from a reader who spotted it on a friend’s TUMBLR.
- Philips Wake- Up Light: Like its name implies, this alarm clock wakes you up gently by simulating a gradual sunrise.
- Shape Up Dumbell Alarm Clock: Is getting in shape one of your New Year’s Resolutions? Get on the right track with this alarm clock which requires 30 reps in order to disable the alarm.
- Teasmade Alarm Clock: We’re not going to lie, having a nice warm pot of tea to wake up to in winter would really make mornings much more pleasant.
- Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock App: Thirty minutes before the designated wake-up time, the app analyzes your movements to figure out where you are in your sleep cycle and chooses the best alarm to wake you up with. As an added bonus the app also gives you detailed graphs of your nightly sleep patterns.
- Paper Alarm Clock: Worried about what will happen to your alarm clock when you no longer have a use for it and don’t want to add to the landfills? Get the Paper Alarm Clock. This clock comes with a self addressed envelope to use for returning the clock to the designers, so they can re-furbish it and send it to the next owner instead of polluting the planet.
- Sony ICF-C717PJ: This sleek little alarm clock projects your time on the wall of your choice.
- Clocky: Designed to combat our bad snoozing habits, this clock only allows for one snooze, and off it goes rolling out of your reach.
- Tantrum- Throwing Alarm Clock: Five minutes prior your wake-up time, this clock’s feet and body will begin to glow. When the alarm sounds, it begins tapping its arms lightly. If you try delay touching the snooze button by more than one minute it goes into full tantrum routine. To help make up for its “tantrums,” the alarm clock also dances to music played from its radio or your connected MP3 player, flashing its lights and swinging its arms. You might find this endearing, we just find it a bit weird, also, annoying.