- Montreal Canada
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We moved in our new condo one year ago. We live here with my 9-year-old son half the time; he’s a Habs fan! We love that our condo has large windows, oriented South. We also love the high doors (they're 8' high) which make the walls and the whole space look taller. We love the walk-in closets, the two full bathrooms and the huge terrace. Although our space is not “that” small, it is according to Montréal’s standards, where 2,500 sq. feet + houses are the norm!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1) Make sure the space is not cluttered; purge regularly and do not put too many things on the horizontal surfaces.
2) Do not use too many or clashing colours; a more homogenous colour palette makes the space look larger. The same rule applies to floor finishes.
3) Use vertical space wisely. Often times, installing too many shelves and hooks make a small space look smaller because we tend to overcharge them!