- Petaluma, CA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We love the filtered sunlight our home gets throughout the day, we rarely have to turn on a light until the sun goes down. We also love how we were able to make a cookie-cutter rental into a cozy space that reflects each of our styles.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Keep the style of each room the same. The main colors we have in our apartment are green and blue, and by using those same colors in each room it keeps the entire apartment looking cohesive.
2. Don't be in a rush to decorate. Take your time and only fill the space with pieces you absolutely love, or that mean something to you.
3. Don't be afraid of displaying your stuff, but keep like objects together. We have all of our bath towels on an open metal shelf in our bathroom, but because they all match it doesn't look cluttered. Same with all of our barware in the kitchen, since they are all glass pieces it looks streamlined.