- Scotts Valley, CA
- Inspiration for my palette:
- I wanted the view from this bright room to be the highlight. I tried to make the inside be complementary to nature. This is a large room with a connecting dining room at the far end. Both living spaces have to be cohesive.
- Colors used in my room:
- I tend to like neutrals as my background and have pops of color throughout the house. I think it makes the color stand out more.
This room has deep raspberry Platner chairs I bought from Craigslist. I also have a multicolored kilim rug pillow on the couch. Art as well as our son's toys....we can't leave these out....add some splash with the wonderful green trees outside as a focal point.
I also like to incorporate different textures. Brass vintage floor lamp ties in with the large gold mirrors over the turntables which reflect the light and view of the outside across the room.
Brown leather daybed (another Craigslist find....much of my house actually) brings soft texture and color into the palette.
- Tips for using color successfully:
- Color is my friend but I try to be purposeful with it. Too matchy-matchy isn't my style. I like different textures and patterns that coordinate.
- Light and Bright