- Cleveland, OH
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- I love that our home used to be a creamery building built in the 1930's. There is a lovely balance between original brick walls, pillars, and the modern cabinetry and appliances throughout. The open floor plan helps make our place feel much larger than it really is. One of my favorite details are the windows that replicated the style of the buildings original windows - it's so relaxing to sit around and catch the breeze with them opened. Our floor plan is a split level due to the bedroom area being part of the original buildings coolers that were set lower than the floor which gives our home extra charm and our bedroom, entryway and bathroom extra high ceilings. We love the clean and minimal style of our home and are happy every day with our decision to move here.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Less is more - This has been the best method for keeping our home clean and spacious. The less we have the less time we spend cleaning, the less clutter we have, and the more we can focus on enjoying our home.
2. Decorate with meaning - Photographs and art from vacations or of loves ones, souvenirs from traveling, and items that really resonate with you will help give your home a warm, cozy feeling.
3. Clever storage - Find places that are under utilized and create storage. I used our kitchen cabinet tops to store some extra items we lacked cabinet space for and stored baking supplies in jars, mason jar collection, cake stands and a couple wire baskets with supplies. When styled and organized just right it will look like it was meant to be there instead of just a bunch of stuff stuck on the top of your cabinets.