While chains are a familiar motif in home décor and high fashion, these understated chains lend a certain edge to accessories that makes them feel more avant garde or even punk rock than haute couture.
1. Ceramic bowl from the Taken collection by Sarah Cihat in collaboration with Michael Miller. See more work at her website, sarahcihat.com.
2. Mixed Chains Chandelier from Urban Outfitters for $48
3. Black Forest Cuckoo Clock by Tobias Reischle at MoMA Store for $450
4. We've always loved the little chain on the adjustable arm of Eileen Gray's iconic side table. Versions are available from DWR for $550, Room & Board for $329, and Target for $169.99.
5. This playful vinyl wall sticker by Circlelinestudio adds some hilarious industrial chic while appearing to hold up the furniture.