JFG over at Swedish home theater site Min Hembio posted an inviting living room setup, which not only offers the daytime-friendly performance of a sizable plasma TV, but also an automated 108" projection screen that comes down to take center stage over the plasma for evening performances. What we especially like about this setup is how the projection screen's horizontal housing is masked by the interior details of the wood within and the integration of sizable components which all work in harmony with the rest of the room instead of overpowering it.
Although white interiors aren't normally recommended for home theaters due to reflections/glare, we can't help but loving this space as an example of where tech and decor converge in harmony. The space, with it's large comfy sectional, nautical themed details and wide open space (yes, not ideal for sound either), make this seem like an ideal for a Netflix evening.
- Arcam FMJ DV27A DVD player
- JVC HM-DH30000U and JVC HM-DH5U D-VHS
- KEF XQ2C Center Speaker
- KEF XQ5 Floor Speakers
- Kramer C-4LC/4LC Fibre Optic DVI-D - DVI-D HDMI & DVI cables
- Lumagen VisionPro HDP
- Nokia Mediamaster 9902S Digital-TV
- Pioneer PDP-434HDE Plasma TV
- Rotel RMB-1075 Amplifiers
- Rotel RSP-1066
- Stewart Electriscreen 108" 16:9 Projection Screen
- Velodyne HGS-10 Subwoofer
- Yamaha DPX-1100 Projector
- Zektor Component Video Switch HDS4.2