At Apartment Therapy Media, our mission is to help people make their homes more beautiful, organized and healthy. As a Senior Front-End Web Engineer, you'll join our Product team in shipping software that delivers an excellent experience to our 29+ million monthly readers on Apartment Therapy and Kitchn. We have a wonderful, supportive team and you can read more about our process, culture, and tech stack on our team README.
Leadership is practiced at all levels of the company, and we look to our Senior members to help drive decisions while keeping a holistic view of our projects and processes in mind. We value learning on our mixed-experience team and you'll share knowledge and mentor others through thoughtful code reviews, pair programming, and the example you set.
Our team (and much of the company) works remotely. We all wear many hats and maintain a collaborative and encouraging environment. You may work remotely or in our New York City office, however you must be able to work effectively with a remote team and coworkers. Excellent communication skills and self-direction are critical for success.
Additional "nice to haves":
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience in data-driven development
- Familiarity with React and Ruby/Rails
- Experience in small team (startup/lean/agile) environments
- Experience mentoring less-experienced engineers
- Interest in home design, cooking and other lifestyle areas our publications cover
Here's what current Product team members say about the job:
- "Smart, action-oriented people; everyone always willing to jump in to help; flat team culture"
- "Working from home is obviously great"
- "I feel like our priorities stay pretty solid once they're defined and on the roadmap; I've definitely worked places where they shift so much nobody ever knows what's going on — definitely a bad thing about other places"
- "Diverse team is really cool too — everyone comes from a very interesting background"
- "Coming into this team I was used to using what was easy. Seems like the whole team here jumps on board with what makes the most and best sense."
- "We've also hired people who have a 'bias for action.' Like get your hands dirty from day 1 and shine."
To apply, please click here. In addition to a cover letter, résumé and links to relevant additional work (portfolios, blog, GitHub profile, Twitter account, etc), please include:
- something you dislike about your favorite web framework
- a link to a post from one of our sites you find compelling, stating briefly why
- any questions you have for us
We prefer candidates who can keep standard US timezone working hours. No recruiters or agencies.
Comments have been disabled.