- Arlington, VA
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- My favorite part about my apartment is that one of the walls is made up entirely of windows. It makes it feel open, airy, and twice as big. Every once in awhile I wish I had a bigger space, and then I remember that it takes less than 10 minutes to vacuum the whole place and about 1 minute to wipe down the kitchen countertops. Small space=less to clean.
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Keep what you love and toss the rest. And if you love a lot, learn to organize it. My two closets are like a game of Tetris, but it allows me to keep my living space clutter-free.
2. The right colors make the space. After 3 years of living here, I finally painted the walls from the standard off-white/yellowish tone to a color called "ice cube" that makes everything feel so much cleaner. The hallway was a spur of the moment decision, but I'm so glad I did it. The pop of coral makes me smile every time I come in the door.
3. Highlight what makes your space special. I love my wall of windows so I chose lace curtains that allow light to flow through and kept furniture along other walls so that the view wasn't obstructed.