- New York, NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- We live in a triangular prewar building, a plainer version of the flatiron. So we have a triangular floor layout, and it works really well. Other things? I love the bookshelves - I made them myself. It took me 2 years. I love that my husband's two bicycles fit in the triangular storage space. I love that it's more than twice the size of our previous 350 sqft rental. It feels BIG!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Big wall art. It's often the only opportunity to do something dramatic in a small space.
2. Big dinner parties. I was going to wall-mount the desk, but instead chose a free-standing one that can join up with our dining table. We've had 16 people over for Thanksgiving.
3. Big expanses of tile. If you can afford it, clad a small bathroom from top to bottom in tile (not halfway up, not only around the shower). I think it makes it look bigger and more luxurious. And, in a tiny space, water probably is going to go everywhere.
Apartment Therapy supports our readers with carefully chosen product recommendations to improve life at home. You support us through our independently chosen links, many of which earn us a commission.