- New York , NY
- Square Feet:
- What I Love About My Small Home:
- Efficiency is key to a small space. Everything must have a purpose and function to make living here work. It can be easily cluttered and that’s something I’m thoughtful about each time I add something, which often times means eliminating something else. The most important thing to me is to make it feel welcoming, comfortable, and a place you want to hang out in. It has to be amusing and interesting. I love seeing people’s reactions when they are taking it all in. They settle in and observe the objects around them. I’m so proud of how I’ve curated and stuck to my taste even when it may not be on-trend. It's my place of serenity. It’s happy and loud, but calm and cool just like my personality!
Because my living room and kitchen share a room, I wanted to find a way to create a cohesive vibe but separate look for the breakfast nook and lounge area. It's always a work in progress but that's the fun of design!
- Three of My Best Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Small Space::
- 1. Small accessories make big statements
2. Stick to a color palette that isn't too busy
3. Have fun with it and be true to your personal style!