Keeping the Dorm Room Tidy
- We found this tip on the organizing section of Paula’s Archive’s that suggests keeping your pajama’s underneath your pillow until they need to be washed. In one move, you can stow your pj’s under your pillow while keeping them off the floor and out of sight.
- You can also hang pajamas on S hooks in the closet to keep them from gathering on the desk chair. We also like to store “in between” clothes (clothes that aren’t dirty after one wear) on one of these simple hooks. That way, you don’t have to grab a hanger every time you put away clothes. Additionally, dorm walls can be tricky and made of concrete which a regular hook won’t screw into.
- An over the door hook on the inside of closet door uses the same concept as an S hook, only your in between clothes don’t get mixed in with your freshly laundered clothes.
- Or, if you don’t want to shell out the dough for products, a section of a top drawer for in between clothes makes putting away garments unbelievably accessible.
- And it doesn’t hurt to have a chair (or small area) for items to land throughout the day. Then, at the end of the day, items get put back where they belong.
(Image: Go Frugal Blog)
Published: Aug 26, 2009