As a store, kid o in Greenwich Village has a reputation for impeccable taste selecting beautiful, high-quality toys for both learning and play. Since delving into the world of toy design they've brought these same values to their own line which encourages discovery and open-ended play. We were bowled over by the gorgeous new offerings they showed off at Toy Fair and wanted to give you a sneak peek at their 2010 line.
• 1 Shape sorters have been around a long time without much change so we were tickled to see its reimagining by kid o as a house.
• 2, 7, & 10 A selection of beautiful maple rattles will cater to young babies.
• 3 & 9 Wood Go Cars in blue, red and green (not pictured) will get toddlers vrrooming around the house.
• 4 A small music box has been encased in a colorful maple toy which children and adults can operate with a small hand crank.
• 5 Drums are a classic kids' toy and the beautiful Tip Tap drum can help focus toddlers' urge to pound and bash.
• 6 We know simple, wood baby gyms are few and far between so many parents will be excited to have the red, black and gray Optica Baby Gym as an option. It comes with three rattles which can be removed to focus on one or all three as your baby ages.
• 8 One of the coolest products we've seen in a long time is the A to Z Magnatab which will be an excellent tool for teaching and reinforcing letter writing. A magnetized stylus pen pulls metal beads up to form the letters which stay in place until you erase them with your finger tip. Fabulous!
Look for these wonderful additions to kid o in June in your favorite toy shops and online. The kid o store in New York is temporarily closed after sustaining damage from a nearby fire, but their online shop is 100% open for business.