Home decor catalogs are awesome and not just for buying. The room stylists do such a great job in setting up spaces, they offer plenty of decor inspiration, revealing little touches we can add to our own homes. Check out these five screen-grabs from the recent IKEA catalog - you might just find your next DIY project-in-waiting!
1. Large chalkboards can be expensive, but this "chalkboard" is really just a picture ledge plus chalkboard paint.
2. Wooden skirt hangers are easy to find in vintage stores (like this selection on Etsy), and make great artwork holders. Laken used these hangers to display a vintage bird print in her dorm room - if you missed it, you can check that room out here.
3. No space for seating? Cushions could make a comfy hangout space in a tight spot. If you want something more bed-like, try this DIY project.
4. A piece of plywood and a set of casters is all you need to make rolling storage. It's amazing how much better the set of boxes under the desk in this picture look, simply from being lifted off the ground in this way. And when you aren't using it to store/move around boxes, it could double as a rolling play table.
5. This one is my favorite of all - painting a white (but it doesn't have to be white, there are so many options available here) paper lantern with polka dots. It looks like a mushroom! And we all know mushrooms are the best thing ever, right? Right?