Your Grandma was really up on this stuff and your mom still knows her way around these skills, so what about you? Would you be able to easily do these tasks anymore? We're not so sure.
- Light a pilot light — gas in an enclosed space and an open flame, eek!
- Balance a checkbook - do you still write checks?
- Call Information - more like call Siri.
- Fill a fountain pen — my mom remembers filling her dad's pen from an inkwell in the pre-cartridge era.
- Know when your favorite tv show is on — TV Guide was the DVR of its day.
- Iron without steam — my mom says before steam irons she had to spritz each thing with water individually.
- Make a collect call - can cell phones even make collect calls these days?
- Put film in a camera — we haven't needed to do that since the '90s.
- Do mental math — you always have a phone calculator with you.
What other skills at home did you used to need but don't any more? Tell us!